Sunday, March 23, 2008

Triumphant feeling of helping

Triumphant feeling of helping

I just wanted to take some time to draft a message to describe the best feeling i ve ever had. It was such a feeling of accomplishment which i ve never felt before. i started the new year very enthusiastically. the actual moment came during one short abroad.
Got to admit - Helping people is not the first thing that comes to my mind. I seem to be worried about lot of short term worries like project status and other stuff and tend to care little about other aspects about life.
Anyway, I got an opportunity to help some one who is a complete stranger. It has to be fate which gave me this opportunity. At first, I was little circumspect and was wondering whether to help or not.
But then, something inside me kept telling do it - so I helped anyway. And the minute I did the favor, I had a feeling which I cannot describe. I had such a feeling of accomplishment.
I felt so special and Life seemed so wonderful. It was like I did something great for the first time in my life. Especially the acknowledgement that you receive from the person who you helped was unbelievable.
It was at that moment I wondered why I never reached out and help other earlier.

No comments: